Friday, April 11, 2014

Stop and Go

The last 7 months I've just wanted to hide my head in the sand. We came to Alabama thinking the future was nothing but BRIGHT! Then we got a rude awakening... 2 months into his BRUTAL training, Ben got laid off... thank you government cuts :(

It's been really hard to come to terms with things. It's really SHAKEN our faith. We felt SO good about this job. We left our first home, the new tree house we'd JUST finished and WONDERFUL friends. We have MOVED around a LOT. We've enjoyed our experiences but we've really wanted to SETTLE down for the sake of the kids. We really thought Alabama would be our new HOME.

The last thing in the world I wanted to do was shout it out to the WORLD what was going on. At times it's been so heart breaking, but at the same time, we have been so blessed and lifted up through this whole experience. I know we were helped because of our faith in tithing. Kind people from his work pitched in money to help us out. One of Ben's old students flew out here to share some of his generosity. Anonymous gift cards arrived in the mail. Our children's teachers were keenly aware of our needs. It brings tears to my eyes just recalling all the big and little miracles that have helped us survive.

Six months to the DAY of when Ben was laid off, he got a job offer. We still don't know what is going to happen. We don't know what our future will hold. But for now, I am grateful that PEOPLE are GOOD and I CHOOSE to BELIEVE that things will work out for the BEST.

2 comments:

elise said...

hooray for good people and for job offers! I hope you find what you need and what you like :) I know how hard it is to find both of those in the same place. keep in touch :)

(and speaking of moving we should know where we're going next soon too)

West Family said...

I'm glad things are looking up! We miss u!